The FAMAE is a sub machine gun that is available in Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number and is used by the Colombians and can be used byManny Pardo and The Son.
The FAMAE shares the same round count and rate of fire as theSkorpion from the first game (hinting as a possible replacement of the said weapon) however the FAMAE is more accurate than the Skorpion, and can appear on the Colombians, and the weaponbag item (having more of a chance of appearing than the Skorpion of the first game).
- FAMAE is the name of the Chilean manufacturer that manufactures the SAF, which is what the FAMAE weapon in-game is based on.
- The appearence of the FAMAE in Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number is anachronistic, as the FAMAE SAF the weapon it is based on, was first produced in 1993, two years after the main events of Hotline Miami 2.
- The rapid rate of fire on the FAMAE is actually correct, since the real SAF's fire rate is at a very rapid 1200 RPM. The Skorpion's fire rate on the other hand is incorrect as it is slightly slower at 850-900 RPM.
- Its 20-round magazine capacity is also correct, as the SAF can accept 20 and 30-round box magazines.
- It's actually illogical that the SAF is wielded one-handed in-game since it is 16.1 inches long with the stock folded (longer in the case of the suppressed variant used in-game) and it weighs 5.95 pounds when loaded, taking into account the high rate of fire, the FAMAE would be highly inaccurate due to the high recoil of the weapon.